6.08.2011

The Food Life V43 - Chimichurri Sauce


Going against the norm, I did not actually make the sauce in the picture above, nor did I take that photo. But I feel that it's absolutely crucial that I immediately, at this moment, tell anyone that has not made this yet to make it and slob it on top of your steak. When in Argentina/Brazil last summer, I ate oodles of this on anything and everything I could - this sauce is god.

1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, peeled
3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 comment:

Roman Candles said...

Also, if you have a window where you live, grow your own herbs. No, not those kind of herbs, leave that shit to the pros.

Basil, thyme, rosemary, cilantro, parsley, etc., stick a bunch in one of those big shitty pots you can probably buy at a bodega along with some dirt -- probably not dug from the toxic abandoned lot next store to your crib -- water them shits, and pluck as needed.