2.24.2010

Get that Exacto knife and Glue ready



Michael Johansson is the man behind this amazing piece and I love it on many different levels. When I first spotted this on Prolly I immediately thought to myself - YES! FINALLY a plastic bike model kit! I love these things! I wonder what other bikes there are in the series..........DAMN :(

This this is a 1:1 scale installation. Amazing, but unfortunately not plastic to cut out and glue together. Upon closer inspection, it's a real disassembled bike. Doesn't make this any less awesome, but deep down it was a bit of a let down for me. Regardless, if you enjoy this even a 1/10 of how much I did, you just might pee your pants. I did.

"As a child I was fascinated building models. I remember breaking off the pieces from the surrounding plastic sticks that were leftover from the casting process and subsequently gluing the pieces back together in the right order by following the instruction manual.

A real bike is turned back into a space of imagination. By this I wanted to address the similarities between different contexts and spin concepts such as size and belonging."

No comments: