3.19.2010

Engin Cycles


A friend recently showed me a picture of this bike. What a gorgeous specimen right there. Over the past few days there has been quite a few semi-erotic images on this blog and judging by the amount of letters we've received from concerned readers, that is not the direction we'll move forward in. Those unfortunate few posts are the reason why I can't describe how I feel about the bike above with my true tongue. Let me just say, it reminds me of the day I became a man who knew about love.

I been meaning to build a commuter that's a bit more aesthetically pleasing then The Blue Whale, and I've been even considering scraping all the MTB parts and just getting a fullout single speed road bike thingy. I may no longer need to do that - as seeing this beauty above revitalized my senses and made me realize, all I need is a sexy steel frame of appropriate size - I have all the other necessities. Granted I'll still be stuck on the 26" wheels, as opposed to 29"s like above or the 700cc like the road bikes, but seeing the fixed gear freestyle debates about the 700cc vs 26" wheels, made me realize that I might be ahead of my time by freestyle commuting on a 26". Besides, I'm known to throw a barspin or two off a curb and what not, so I might just stick with the 26"s and let people think I'm a fixed gear freestyler as opposed to a MTB commuter.

When The Blue Whale was curated it was meant to be a "girlfriend" bike - a present that was returned to me a few short months after its birth, either because the said girlfriend dumped me or because the bike was a pile of crap. Or both. Since then it was repainted with the florescent blue can and received a rigid. The whole thing is just very sluggish to ride and the uber low frame/super high seatpost combo is less then "sexy". Couple that with drive train from hell and you got yourself a nightmare to ride. Yet, its the only bike I own that I can actually get full extension on, and my legs like that. Therefore the hunt is back on for a nice steel mtb frame with a horizontal top tube.

Its seems that the weekend will be beautiful. Ride!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

piece of shit! Get off the bandwagon asshat!

donde said...

Oh no, Anon is hatin again. Who is the mystery hater this time??

Anonymous said...

I smell a moose...

Anonymous said...

yea, get off da commuting bandwagon asshat!! get a car. whats wrong w you?

Anonymous said...

no - restate: get off the chi-chi poseur bike trend wagon

walk your healthy ass to work beyotch!

Anonymous said...

fall back