5.06.2010

Salvagetti Bicycle Workshop

create2destroy,salvagetti

This place was a treat. I was walking through Denver, admiring how every single piece of architecture in town looked like it was built yesterday, all the while looking for My Brothers Bar where I was told "best burgers ever" live (they were delicious). This place, Salvagetti Bicycle Workshops, appeared out of nowhere - I had to go inside. I walked up to the front door...1000 damnations! It was a quarter past the closing time! Someone inside must have seen how sad I got through the glass door and let me in for a peek.

create2destroy,salvagetti

create2destroy,salvagetti

Between the logo, the sharp font and a pleasing color palate, it was more then inviting. Fresh style.

create2destroy,salvagetti

create2destroy,salvagetti

They had alot of great bikes on display, I didn't get a chance to take all the photos that I wanted - I felt bad, it was after closing time and I just sort of walked in tourist style as an after work six pack was ready to be cracked.
The place was crispy clean, brand new, with thick coffee aroma throughout. These fellas make a mean cup of java. A great workshop full of tools with a professional coffee station as a bonus. I got to speak with the owner, or at least one of the owners and they told me about their plans to open an early morning bike thru window for coffee! How amazing of an idea is that? What a cool setup.

create2destroy,salvagetti

Seems like the story is the same for most fine bikeshops, if you ride alot you're bound to run into someone there who rode with someone you know. Here, one of the mechanics rode with Anson Yowelli Wellingon, my good homeboy.

I just had to buy something with Salvagetti on it - never too many patch kits! So next time you're in Denver, look these dudes up.

No comments: