3.12.2010

Riding in the Rain

Riding in the rain can be fun. Sitting for 8 hours in wet jeans right after - not so much. What first appeared as a slight mist as I was doing the pre-ride stretches outside my apartment building, turned to real deal rain exactly a mile away from the crib, according to the waterproof Knog. Northface overcoat did its job, but I really need to invest in some waterproof pants to wear over jeans in situations like this, and I need some fenders.

AIBLPM was at a rediculous 1.66, some really cool person even parked in a bike lane on the wrong side of the street! Now that takes some special skills, ballz and an attitude of a champ! After being cut off by a curl in a brand new Infinity Mega Truck, a simple split second skid turned into a full on drift, and I actually impressed myself. I imagined I looked very similar to a supermoto racer leaning in and sticking out the ol' foot. The fact that it was my left, titanium filled leg that was stuck out and dragged along kicked the whole situation up a notch. Add to it the fact that the Blue Whale (pictured below) was the drift tool of choice, and the scenario will impress anyone with a heart. A drift king, you say? No, no and no, a simple human with reaction time of a hungry mosquito.


Ride safe ya'll.