3.05.2010

Rio de Janeiro - the gift that keeps on giving


So, over the Summer 09 Create2Destroy headquarters sent me to Brazil on an important assignment of studying human anatomy. Knowing the dangers of the region I tried to resist the trip as much as I could, but it quickly became obvious that I was the only one up for the job. After all, the assignment required me to stay a block away from Ipanema beach. So I went.

What followed was 2 weeks full of torturous steak, terrifying beaches, life threatening hang gliding and horrible moped renting/club going. Not easy, take my word for it...... Not easy. And oh yea, I had to drink alot to, and eat my own body weight in Dulce de Leche.

Fast forward half a year. Yesterday my Chase bank card got denied. I just figured it was business as usual for my broke ass. But today when I checked the interwebs and my account showed a happy positive balance I knew there was trouble. Quick visit to a Chase branch, and I was seated in a bankers cubicle. I knew there was trouble. Did my shady past finally caught up with me? I have everyone's passports in a shoebox at home, I swear I was going to give them back to everyone tonight!

Long story short....some dude from Rio tried to withdraw 1100$ from my account. Yesterday. Damn. Chase quickly swooped in and denied the shady fuck. I had to cancel my card and get a new one! Wasted minutes and minutes of my time, I tell ya!


I was warned that when in Brazil I should make sure I see my card being swiped any time I used it. Never let it leave your hands. Otherwise they photo copy it or snap a picture and use it a little while later.
Dude waited like 6 months to pull that shit. How about it?

Watch your debit cards when traveling!

1 comment:

broad shoulder broad said...

So, how did the anatomy lessons go? lotsa penis women there right??