1.11.2011

Cyclist vs. Businessman

My biggest fear when riding on the street is 1. a person opening a car door without checking their mirror - I've had two close calls this past summer and 2. A pedestrian crossing a street without looking both ways. I avoid riding against traffic but even when I'm riding with it, I've almost hit a mother + baby carriage and a pedestrian, both of which didn't even glance at oncoming traffic before they decided to j-walk. My 3rd fear is actually getting hit by a car. Observe the cars passing by in the right lane before the rider hits the man - he swerved into traffic after the fact. If the indecent occurred before the cars passed, he would of been meat.

2 comments:

Curtis Chorizali said...

damn. glad that didn't get too ugly.
as much as i hate going against traffic, sometimes you gotta. gotta stay alert on them streets and expect someone to pop out from behind every big car/van at all times.

Anonymous said...

jimmy kimmel played this clip about 8 months ago and had me rollin